ERROR MESSAGE IN ALERT LOG FILE:
ORACLE Instance PROD – Archival Error
ORA-16038: log 4 sequence# 9961 cannot be archived
ORA-19502: write error on file “”, block number (block size=)
ORA-00312: online log 4 thread 1: ‘/u01/oradata/data01/PROD/redo04.log’
ORA-16014: log 4 sequence# 9961 not archived, no available destinations
CAUSE: Default archive log destination is 100% used, There is no space to create additional archive log
POSSIBLE ISSUES BECAUSE of archiving is stuck:
1. Database Hangs
2. Users not able to connect to database
3. Not able to open the database
4. Archive space related error in alertlog file(ORA-16038,ORA-16014,ORA-19809 )
1. Increase the ARCHIVE DESTINATION size
2. Take backup of the archivelogs to different location.
3. Change archivelogs destination to some other mountpoint.
4. Delete archivelogs to make more space. ( should be the last option) and in case of standby database make sure those logs are already applied to standby.